#1 zaynab786

zaynab786

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Madhhab:Hanafi

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

Salam alaykum, 

What do you guys think about the recent modern phenomenon amongst brothers and sisters where they are more concerned about how "beautiful" an azaan sounds or someone's Quran recitation, at the expense of the actual meaning of Islam and its pertinence in our lives and its ability make us winners in this life in the next? 

They claim they can detect "sincerity of Islam" in their voices and thus by appreciating them they are appreciating the deen.. 

Are they merely people appeased by visual and audio stimuli? Or is this a good characteristic on their part? 
Should we be concerned about "how good he sounds/looks" ? :/

#2 RebelAlliance786

RebelAlliance786

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:25 AM

absolutely not at all sister, you are totally right

what is all this nonsense about how good his quran sounds, when he does not even understand the basic principles of the Quran, such as hatred for evil, and the oneness of God, etc

Indeed, bearing your observation in mind, many people today seem to regard Islam, Quran, or the mosque, as a relaxation device, whereby you idolise a past state of existence, with no intention of implementing positivity into you life in the present. I detect a hint of hidden kufr in this attitude, indeed it is not spiritually healthy. What kind of a person idolises his past based on the idea that he is unable to add positivity to his present. Prophet Muhammad did not bring revelation from the preserved tablet in order for us to idolise the book of the One God free from idolatry, indeed he brought it so that we may implement it.

#3 RebelAlliance786

RebelAlliance786

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:28 AM

they treat the deen not as a tool to achieve justice, but more like one of Picasso's paintings, or a jar of caviar, or an old wine, they are not Muslims in the active participle, they are Muslims in the passive participle. Yeah, that was an Arabic grammar joke, They take it lying down, if they were in the army, they would not stand at attention, they would be lying down taking a nap, in the PASSIVE participle, in Arabic grammar, they would not be called Muslim, but they would be called Muslam.

#4 RebelAlliance786

RebelAlliance786

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:30 AM

Islam Conosseurs: "i dont implement divine justice, I just admire it. I dont overcome my ego, I just listen about people who do that. I dont war against Iblis, I just idolise people with the courage to do so. Im not in the police, I just wear the costume. I'm not a Jedi, I just carry a lightsaber, etc, etc,etc ,etc, etc..."

#5 zaynab786

zaynab786

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:41 AM

Islam Conosseurs: "i dont implement divine justice, I just admire it. I dont overcome my ego, I just listen about people who do that. I dont war against Iblis, I just idolise people with the courage to do so. Im not in the police, I just wear the costume. I'm not a Jedi, I just carry a lightsaber, etc, etc,etc ,etc, etc..."

Lol also known as "Islamic fan club" complex ..

Their mentality like you said is thinking its safer to admire from afar rather than be properly involved ..

But what if this is admiration thing is the only "islamic" activity they are involved in, like laymen for instance may not have much islamic knowledge or even an islamic mindset, but they think Islam requires them to be this way and is mostly what they do?

#6 RebelAlliance786

RebelAlliance786

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:53 AM

I mean on a serious note, answer this sister...

MAIN PROBLEMS OF TODAY+

LIVING AT THE END OF TIMES

Are they something new?

Are they something unsolvable?

Are they something we have never seen before?

Are they something we as a species are incapable of dealing with?

Are they something beyond our comprehension?

Do they necessitate us to always live uncomfortably and in fear?

Do they affect every individual or just certain groups?

Are they any sufficient reason for us to abandon the good life ordained by Allah?

Do they demolish the possibility of spiritual, mental and physical well being?

Are the only people who have a good life during this period corrupt and immoral